About Kile T. Turner
With over 80 trials in state and federal courtrooms throughout Alabama in the last 25 years, Kile has tried nearly every type of civil case. His experience ranges from simple auto to complex medical malpractice; including trials involving construction, coverage, and commercial disputes. He also has had significant success before the Alabama Supreme Court and the Alabama Court of Civil Appeals and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Turner’s extensive courtroom experience allows him to evaluate cases quickly and accurately. Further, a willingness to take a case to trial often results in a more favorable settlement for his clients.
Even though in many ways he is an old school trial lawyer, he uses modern technology to be persuasive and continually works to improve his craft. As a 2019 FedTech graduate, he is now on the faculty and was a speaker at the FDCC Trial Masters Program at the 2020 Winter Meeting. He has also spoken on various trial topics at seminars in Sun Valley, ID, Banff, Canada, Las Vegas, Boston, Chicago, and Scottsdale, as well as many local CLE seminars.
Mr. Turner is a member of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys Premier 100. He has been recognized by Alabama Super Lawyers® for General Defense Litigation nine years. He was named in the Birmingham Business Journal’s “Top 40 Under 40” when he was young enough to be eligible. He was also named to B-Metro Magazine‘s Top Lawyers in 2012, and 2016-2021, and named in BHM Biz‘s Top Lawyers 2016-2020. He has also been featured in a wide range of legal publications, from For The Defense to the Australian Product Liability Reporter.
Kile’s wife, Sara, is also an attorney, and they are the proud parents of six children.
- Appellate Advocacy; Bad Faith Litigation; Business and Commercial Litigation; Construction Litigation; Insurance Litigation and Coverage; Product Liability; Professional Liability and Transportation Litigation; Medical Malpractice Defense; Correctional Medicine and Civil Rights/1983 Litigation
- University of New Mexico, B.B.A. in International Management (1990)
- Amigo Scholarship Recipient
- Las Companas Honor Society
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, J.D. (1994)
- Winner, Williams Trial Competition
- Finalist, Shores Moot Court Competition
- Director, Trial Advocacy Board, 1993-1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- All U.S. District Courts in Alabama
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Board of Directors, 2020-present
- Co-chair, Fedlife Comm. 2020-present
- Member, Civility and Professionalism Project, 2020-present
- Speaker, 2020 Public Speaking Seminar
- Speaker, 2020 Trial Masters
- Member, Admissions Comm. 2019-present
- Speaker, 2019 Annual Meeting Plenary Session
- Co-chair, Publications Comm. 2019-2020
- Graduate, 2019 FedTech Unv.
- Chair, 2018 FDCC Foundation Auction
- Speaker, 2017 FDCC/IADC Management Conference
- Speaker, 2016 Winter Meeting, Law Office Mgt. Comm.
- Chair, Trial Tactics Comm. 2012-2014
- Faculty, 2011 & 2012 Litigation Management College
- Defense Research Institute
- Annual Meeting Steering Comm. 2003
- Chair, Young Lawyers Comm. 2004-2005
- Trial Tactics Steering Comm. 2006-2010
- White Collar Steering Comm. 2006-2008
- Speaker, DRI Annual Meeting 2006
- Speaker, DRI Annual Meeting 2009
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation Fellow, 2020-present
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association