Ridge Park Place, Suite 3000
1130 22nd Street South
Birmingham, AL 35205
(205) 259-1040 (direct)
(205) 251-5479 (fax)
Jennifer Fox, Legal Assistant
W. M. Bains Fleming, III
- Product Liability, Medical Malpractice, Toxic Tort and Asbestos Litigation, Transportation Litigation, and Construction Litigation
- Washington and Lee University; B.A. Politics, concentration in Environmental Studies (2003)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University; J.D. (2007)
- President of the Class of 2007
- Judge Abraham Caruthers Teaching Fellow
- Daniel Austin Brewer Professionalism Award
- Michael V. Rasmussen Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Award
- Order of Barristers
- National Trial Team Member; AAJ Regional Champion and competed nationally
- Trial Advocacy Board; Assistant Director
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- All U.S. District Courts in Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Bar Association
- Leadership Forum Alumni Section – Assistant Director of Programming and Events (2017-2018)
- Lawyer University Task Force (2016-2017)
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Medical Liaison Committee (2017)
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- President – Young Lawyers Section (2018-2019)
- Secretary – Young Lawyers Section (2016-2017)
- Treasurer – Young Lawyers Section (2015-2016)
- Director – Young Lawyers Section (2013-2015)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
Mr. Fleming has experience handling matters ranging from medical malpractice and nursing home defense to toxic and mass tort litigation. He also handles product liability and construction litigation matters.
Mr. Fleming is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent rated attorney, was named on the 2016 and 2017 Super Lawyers ® list as a Mid-South Rising Star in the practice area of Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice Defense, and was named in B-Metro’s Magazine’s Rising Star Lawyers and Attorneys of Note in 2014. He was selected to participate in the Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum Class 9 in 2013. He is a graduate of the 41st Annual International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy. He is also the 11th Circuit Editor for DRI’s Daubert Online publication. Since 2014, Mr. Fleming has served on the faculty of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Bibb Allen Memorial Trial Academy. He is a participant in the Birmingham Bar Association’s Volunteer Lawyer Program and was named to the Alabama Bar’s Pro Bono Honor Roll from 2008-2011.
In the community, Mr. Fleming serves as the Chairman of the Rotaract Club of Birmingham Foundation. Prior to his work with the Club’s Foundation, he served two terms as the Club’s Service Director. He is a recipient of Rotaract’s Directors Award, the Charles A. Collat, Sr. Distinguished Service Award, and a Paul Harris Fellow. Mr. Fleming is a member of the Leadership UAB Class of 2013 and the 2010 MS Leadership Class. He is the recipient of the Birmingham Urban League Young Professionals Leadership Empowerment Award.
Mr. Fleming is also a coach for Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law’s nationally ranked Mock Trial team. In 2011, Mr. Fleming was recognized by Cumberland during the law school’s National Pro Bono Week.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Fleming worked as Director of Fundraising Operations for one of Florida’s premier political consulting firms.